As the Department Manager - Soft Goods, you will create an extraordinary customer experience by managing the Soft Goods selling team to ensure that customer service standards are maintained and all product and sales goals are achieved.
- Contribute to overall store profitability by exceeding department goals by achieving personal sales goals and managing staff sales
- Resolve customer complaints through excellence in customer service
- Serve as an example to staff for superior customer service, professionalism, and compliance with company policies
- Participate in training by communicating the latest product trends, innovations and technologies to staff
- Manage inventory and ensuring replenishment and merchandising needs are satisfied to maximize sales and profitability
- Participate in recruiting staff and support in on-going coaching, succession planning, performance appraisals and fair and consistent leadership
- Overseeing and managing other departments dependent on traffic and staff levels
- Control shortage and loss through employee compliance
What you offer
- A love of fashion, sport and a healthy, active lifestyle
- 2+ years retail experience
- Progressive management skills with proven leadership ability
- An outgoing personality and an enthusiasm for sales and creating an amazing customer experience
- Entrepreneurial, competitive, self-confident, and self-motivated
- A genuine passion for serving the public and ensuring that all customers are cared for
- Desire to continually learn and develop knowledge around products
- Ability to lift 25lbs
- Basic computer skills
Who you are
- You live for the great Canadian Outdoors.
- You live for Skiing, Snowboarding, Cycling, Running and Tennis.
- The mix of fashion and sport is what makes us unique.
- You believe in the spirit of team, joining leaders, being part of constant innovation and working alongside the best staff and vendors in the business.
What we provide
- Access to the best brands and vendors including training and learning opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Amazing product discounts
- Professional growth and development
- Flexible schedules
Sporting Life is #unlikeanystoreintheworld
Sporting Life Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please advise the Sporting Life Human Resources team of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access through the recruitment and selection process.