This job posting is no longer active.
As the Store Manager, you will create an extraordinary customer experience by being fully accountable to all facets of the store operation to ensure that Sporting Life customer service standards are maintained and all product and sales goals are achieved with the objective of attaining location profitability targets.
Sales & Operations
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls day to day operations through the management team to maximize sales and profitability
- Monitor and control all phases of operations and staff performance within the store
- Coordinates and ensures that general maintenance in the store is completed efficiently
- Accounts for reporting on sales, turnover, productivity and staff performance and control of assets within the store
- Resolve customer complaints through excellence in customer service to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
- Serve as an example to staff for superior customer service, professionalism, and compliance with company policies
- Directs opening and closing procedures of the store
- Motivates and leads managers and staff regarding selling skills, store cleanliness department job lists, health and safety practices, employee relations, and compliance with Sporting Life policies and procedures
- Assists in controlling store payroll budget while maximizing wage dollars spent and hours utilized through effective scheduling
- Participate in recruiting staff and support in on-going coaching, succession planning, performance appraisals and fair and consistent leadership
- Ensure that staff are “experts” by overseeing training of the latest product trends, innovations and technologies
- Conducts and Oversees Performance Management Process
- Maintains long term and short-term succession plans
Merchandising & Asset Protection
- Directs and implements the merchandise presentation initiatives and directives and ensure merchandise presentation standards are fully met
- Ensures departments are well-maintained, re-stocked, and markdowns are complete
- Controls shortage and loss ensuring all loss prevention standards are complied with by all employees
- Maintains audit results above passing level
- Develops and implements inventory improvement plans
What you offer
- A love of fashion, sport and a healthy, active lifestyle
- 4+ years of senior retail management experience
- Progressive management skills with proven leadership ability
- Highly sales and profit driven
- An outgoing personality and an enthusiasm for sales and creating an amazing customer experience
- Entrepreneurial, competitive, self-confident, and self-motivate
- A genuine passion for serving the public and ensuring that all customers are cared for
- Desire to continually learn and develop knowledge around products
- Ability to lift 25lbs
- Basic computer skills
Who you are
- You live for the great Canadian Outdoors.
- You live for Skiing, Snowboarding, Cycling, Running and Tennis.
- The mix of fashion and sport is what makes us unique.
- You believe in the spirit of team, joining leaders, being part of constant innovation and working alongside the best staff and vendors in the business.
What we provide
- Access to the best brands and vendors including training and learning opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Amazing product discounts
- Professional growth and development
- Flexible schedules
Sporting Life is #unlikeanystoreintheworld
Sporting Life Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, please advise the Sporting Life Human Resources team of any accommodations required to ensure fair and equitable access through the recruitment and selection process.